By Tammy Powley, About.com Guide
- Starting a Jewelry Business
- Selling Jewelry Online
- Alternative Jewelry Careers
- Teach Jewelry Making Classes
Starting a Jewelry Business
So, maybe you have been making jewelry for awhile and have even been asked by friends and family to sell some jewelry pieces to them. Now, you are thinking of starting a real jewelry business. But, how do you get started? Right here!
- I Want to Be a Jewelry Designer
- Selling Jewelry with Home Shows
- Selling Your Jewelry to Shops: Some Dos and Don'ts
- Locating Retail Outlets for Your Jewelry
- Jewelry Business Tax Tips
- Hunting Down a Sales Rep
- Legal Issues & the Jewelry Biz
- Pricing Your Jewelry
- Jewelry Business E-Course Sign-Up
- Jewelry Customer Percentages
- Jewelry Photos
- Locating Wholesale Supplies at Lapidary Shows
- You Are Your Jewelry Company
- Reasons for Legalizing a Jewelry Business
Selling Jewelry Online
The Internet is a great resource for contacting customers around the world. You can sell your jewelry through web sites, auctions, and on-line malls.
- Tips for Taking Pictures of Your Jewelry
- Tips for Packaging Jewelry When Selling On-Line
- Selling Jewelry Via On-Line Auctions
- Finding Tech Help to Sell Jewelry Via the Web
- Storing Jewelry Images
- The Cost of Shipping the Jewelry You Sell
- Selling Jewelry Via a Web Site
- Promoting Your Jewelry Business Via Blogs
Alternative Jewelry Careers
Most jewelry makers who start a business end up selling their finished jewelry; however, there are lots of alternatives to figuring out a way to earn some income with your jewelry making skills. Here are some ideas, along with some inspirational stories from jewelry designers who have thought outside the jewelry making box.
- Naomi Fujimoto: Career Crafting
- Interview with Bead & Button Magazine
- Wire Artist Find Niche
- Bead Addict Becomes Author
- Interview with Luxe Jewels - CEO Jessica Herrin
- Become a Jewelry Author
- Jewelry Home Shows: The Next Wave
- Beader Finds Seed Beading Niche
- Jewelry Design Careers
Teach Jewelry Making Classes
Nothing beats passing on the knowledge you have gained as a jewelry maker, and one way to do that and make a little money as well is through teaching jewelry making classes. Here are some articles with ideas and suggestions for those interested in starting a career as a jewelry making instructor.
Jewelry Career Success Stories
Read the inspirational stories of other jewelry designers who have found a way to make a go of their jewelry desing careers.
- Jewelry Industry Interviews
- Tina Tang: Dreams Do Come True
- Guts & Glory
- Success City Style
- A True Wire Wonder
Jewelry Business Resources
You'll find these business resources helpful for your jewelry business needs.
- Locating Art Shows
- Bridal Jewelry Business How-To's
- Jewelry Selling E-Book
- You Can "Make It Profitable"
- Software for Serious Jewelry Designers
- Favorite Business Reference Books
- Finding Your Jewelry Selling Direction
Jewelry Designing How-Tos
Expand your jewelry making capabilities and possibly your jewelry career by improving and adding to your current designer skills.